Keeping up with The Jones

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Go Gadget! Go!

I was just thinking today of this one episode of Inspector Gadget. It went something like this:

The Chief was camouflaged in a trash can (or it may have been a tree. Or a locker. I can’t remember for sure). He passed Gadget the paper with his top secret mission, the last lines of which read “this message will self-destruct…” Seemingly oblivious, Gadget crumpled it up and tossed it back right before it exploded on the Chief.

Inspector Gadget began investigating and soon ran into some of evil Doctor Claw’s agents, who he mistakenly thought were on his side. Then he ran into his dog Brain, who was in disguise and Gadget mistook him for an evil agent. The Inspector quickly tried one of his many “go-go-gadget” tricks, which malfunctioned but ended up accidentally hurting the real Claw agents. Then, unbeknownst to Gadget, his niece Penny came in with her computer book and solved the caper. The Chief arrived with reinforcements and said, “Well done, Gadget” while Doctor Claw pounded the table next to his frightened cat and escaped vowing, “I’ll get you next time Gadget, next time!”

That was a really good episode. Probably my favorite one.

1 Comments:

At 12/03/2006 2:01 PM, Blogger AaronG said...

I once wrote in a news tease for my anchors to read: "go, go gadget" (about a new tech device) and they had no idea what I was talking about. Now I parade myself on some obsure references -- but not knowing about Gadget. Society is going to the dogs I tell you.

I love gadget -- and this episode sounds like every other one. Penny is the model, I think, for all these CSI, NCIS techs these days. But penny was the NKOTB to today's Backstreet boys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home