Keeping up with The Jones

Friday, February 02, 2007

Busted

Yesterday I went back to Commerce with another chunk of change. A couple more weeks of this and we’re home free. As I approached the machine I felt someone come up behind me.

“Excuse me sir, are you familiar with how to operate our Penny Arcade?”

Yeah, I’m all set, so…

“Oh, I’m not sure we can take this money with all that debris.”

Um, well…

“Did this money come from a fountain?”

(Bingo)

“Let me just check. No we can’t accept this.”

Well, we’ve done it before. We just kind of sift through. It works okay…

“Eventually this could cause damage to our machines.”

(That's more or less why we're looking for someone else's machine to count it)

“You’ll have to hose it off, or something. My apologies.”

Thanks.

Back to the drawing board. Or a Commerce Bank location finder.

1 Comments:

At 2/07/2007 11:24 AM, Blogger Steve Carroll said...

I found another bank and got through some more but i did take the time to soak it in bleach there rinse it through a strainer and finally dry it in small bins on top of the heaters

unfortunately then the furnace went down on the coldest day of the year so now the next batch is just cold and wet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home