Keeping up with The Jones

Thursday, April 26, 2007

One hand in my pocket

A while back when my grandfather passed away, I inherited several pair of his pants. To the untrained eye, this may not immediately seem like the greatest inheritance. I was certainly grateful; it was a piece of him to take with me and had real practical value. But even I didn’t realize the true value of these pants – until today.

This morning I slipped on a pair of uniform pants. They felt as if they were brand new. I reached my hand into the pocket, and sure enough, there was the inspector slip. I pulled it out to check it and couldn’t believe my eyes:

Inspector No. 1

Read it and weep, baby! Number one! I didn’t think any pants inspected by the original had been preserved. And these things are in mint condition. I just hope I haven’t damaged their value by wearing them today. I didn’t get anything on them or anything. I need to go home and seal them in one of those vacuum storage bags. Someday, my grandson will thank me.

1 Comments:

At 4/27/2007 3:24 PM, Blogger AaronG said...

And the other one?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home