Keeping up with The Jones

Friday, March 23, 2007

Round 2

Months ago I wrote about a man who called me, among other things, a hypocrite. I’ve seen him around occasionally, although not regularly, in the time since. Each time I’ve tried to be friendly, just as I am with everyone, but especially with him. I would smile and offer a greeting, but inwardly I would brace just a little bit, not because my love wasn’t genuine, but because I wanted to be prepared lest a situation arise that would make it harder to show.

There has been no incident since that time, but also no indication that he feels any different. Today he approached me. I braced. And then…

He apologized.

And he shook my hand.

And we talked.

Not that I meant it yesterday, but I am most definitely not in the wrong business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home