Keeping up with The Jones

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Weather man

This past week the weather was so beautiful I boldly declared it spring. I deflected any suggestion that cold weather could return and unilaterally decreed that warmth would reign unabated.

It seemed real: a week straight of pure sunshine and 60+ temperatures. Wednesday, the warmest day of the year saw my return (and that of junior Nowitzki) to the local basketball court. I was wearing shorts!

So Thursday night I proudly made my proclamation. Of course, Friday ice was falling from the sky and yesterday I helped shovel the corps out from the most snow we’ve seen all year.

Welcome to Spring!

2 Comments:

At 3/18/2007 10:28 PM, Blogger Steve said...

It took me nine and a half hours to drive back to Houghton. I was forced off the road onto the shoulder by a braking tractor-trailer (right in front of a cop), I had to climb a treacherous snowy hill in my search for a detour around a closed highway, and I spun out on a curve and gloriously took out an orange construction barrel.

Ahh, winter.

 
At 3/19/2007 7:08 PM, Blogger sara* said...

I made the same proclamation. Even took out the bin of spring/summer clothes. It remains closed on my floor. *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home