Keeping up with The Jones

Thursday, March 22, 2007

I warned you

Don’t say I didn’t.

First we had Deal or No Deal, awarding hundreds of thousands of dollars on the basis of dumb luck, removing any possibility of strategic game-play by seeking out contestants with “personality.”

Now we have Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader. I’ll be honest: I haven’t really watched much of this show. I figure if you need this show to answer that question, it’s probably a no. But tonight I flipped over during a commercial from the Tourney, and witnessed what I hope will be looked back upon as rock bottom. A woman was awarded $100,000 for knowing – actually, that’s putting it too strongly – for correctly guessing that the word “yak” has three letters.

I’m in the wrong business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home